Dentures in Dublin
Dentures are artificial teeth and gums that are customised to your mouth and created by your dentists to replace missing natural teeth. Dentures can either be full or partial, meaning they can replace all teeth on either the top or bottom gum line, or just the few that are missing. Regardless of what kind of dentures you may need, they will be custom designed to fit your mouth, and aesthetically matched to your existing teeth.
Why would I need Dentures?
Dentures not only improve the appearance of a smile that has missing teeth, they also maintain the structure of the mouth by supporting the areas around the cheeks and lips. Dentures also enable you to eat foods that require chewing, enabling you to keep your diet the same and ensure that you are properly nourished. Dentures are also a viable solution to replace teeth that are causing serious pain and oral health issues, such as those with deteriorating roots or damage. Having dentures fitted means that troublesome teeth are removed from the mouth and replaced with a strong and natural looking alternative.
Benefits of Dentures
- If you don’t like the idea of having a permanent fixture inside your mouth the ability to remove your dentures will be beneficial.
- Modern dentures aren’t like older traditional appliances, they are designed using lightweight material that has a natural look.
- Dentures offer support to your facial features by preventing sagging and replacing missing teeth.
- Dentures may be considered a cost-effective solution, compared with other procedures like dental implants or dental bridges.
- Replacing your teeth using dentures will give you back your smile and boost your self-confidence.
How long do Dentures last?
Dentures can be made from a variety of dental materials, but are usually fabricated from acrylic or high-quality ceramic. Generally speaking dentures have an average lifespan of seven to 10 years. If you have been wearing the same set of dentures for more than ten years, make sure to have them assessed by your dentist to make sure they are still functioning as expected. Some of the signs that you need a new pair of dentures include: Changes in Fit, Broken Teeth, Broken Denture Base, Stained or Dirty Dentures, Unexplained Pain or Discomfort.
How much do Dentures cost?
The cost for our dentures varies depending on the material used and the number of units involved. Acrylic Based dentures range from €450 – €900 and Metal Based (Chrome Cobalt) dentures cost between €950 – €1,100.
To learn more about our dentures at Dun Laoghaire Dental give us a call on 01 2809576 or or contact us at email@example.com to arrange a consultation